a philosopher in a tree

thoughts from above the ground

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

cue nervousness

For the first time, I am becoming nervous about China. I spoke to a woman who seemed to want me to uncomfortable. She may have being trying to prove to me, and thereby herself, how difficult a thing she accomplished. Mentioning things I should worry about, things I should bring (latex gloves and syringes), and places I should go. Many of those things I don't think I have to worry about--visa difficulties, at least. but hey, a little worry never hurt anyone, as long as it doesn't ruin your day.

but any information helps, and it sounds like she had a good time despite her difficulties and doing it by the seat of her pants. very impressive. i just want it to go well, and for me to learn that Chinese. that is the key...to learn Chinese.

oh and by the way...harold is the new top chef. i love that guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home